|Save Rouge Park - Photo by Frank Nemecek|
The Friends of Rouge Park will hold next meeting tomorrow Tuesday, June 18 from 6 - 7 p.m. The group will meet at the Don Bosco Center (9357 Westwood), which is approximately 1.5 miles north of the Warrendale neighborhood at W. Chicago.
The agenda for this meeting tomorrow evening will include:
- Update on the new Rouge Park Amphitheater by Kalia Keith;
- Upcoming planting of 1,300 trees in the park;
- Planning their annual butterfly walk for the summer;
- Planning their next volunteer work day for July 18;
- Report and evaluation of Rouge Park Appreciation Day/Rouge Rescue; and
- Progress on the development of a master plan for Rouge Park.
There may be additional updates and news about Rouge Park if it becomes available.
This meeting is open to the public. Anyone interested in the future of Rouge Park, the largest park in Detroit, is welcome to attend.