Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Parking at the Dog House

It looks like Mayor Dave Bing does have a plan for closing the rest of the City of Detroit's budget deficit after all. I've blogged about his layoffs only being able to close at most 15% of the gap and repeatedly chastised him for not having a plan to close the remaining 85% of this problem.

Well, it looks like his plan for dealing with the rest of Detroit's budget problems is with parking tickets in the Warrendale neighborhood. (Gee, thanks for targeting us, Mr. Mayor.)

Anyway, I've noticed a decent number of parking tickets being issued to people near the Dog House Coney Island (19344 W. Warren). The Dog House has some great food, but you've got to be careful that your coneys don't come with a side of parking fines.

My suggestion is to park in the nearby lot whenever possible.

7 comments:

Todd Scott said...

My suggestion: Ride a bike. :)

FrankNemecek said...

LOL! That works, too.

And I'm not at all suprised that it was Todd who chimed in to suggest two-wheeled transportation.

Love & laughter,
Frank

Todd Scott said...

Bike parking isn't always the best in Detroit (or Metro Detroit for that matter) but we are trying to address it. BTW, I have biked to the Dog House before from Royal Oak.

Stella said...

We try to eat there whenever we're in town. The food is almost good enough to pay a traffic fine to eat there. (Almost, not quite! lol)

Frank said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
FrankNemecek said...

Todd:
You are a Bike God among men.

Stella:
Please let me know when you're next in town.

Stella said...

Doggone it, wish I'd thought of contacting you. We were in town twice this past summer for a wedding and a funeral. We ate at the Doghouse in July. The food was very good and we like the new owners.

It may be awhile before we are back, but I'll let you know. We can do lunch at the Doghouse! :)